The LineScope® system consists of three conductor-mount LineProbe sensors and a data consolidating RTU that can be housed in a CommBridge communication node, a customer’s communication node, or integrated into a Cleaveland/Price ADMO or PTAD switch controller.
The consolidating RTU outputs 60Hz line voltage value with 0.5% accuracy, current with 0.5% accuracy, peak fault current, fault direction, watts, VAR, power angle, and line temperature. THD is calculated to the 11th harmonic. The LineScope detects transient and permanent faults, and anomalies of short duration. COMTRADE files are created.
Applications for the LineScope® include:
- Grid monitoring
- Fault detection, location, and system restoration
- PQ voltage, current, and power measurements
- Volt/Var optimization
- Power factor correction
- Line temperature monitoring
- DER monitoring
- Metering for a mobile substation
- Calibrating the measurements of other metering equipment
- Remote switch operation when installed in a Cleaveland/Price motor operator
The LineScope® uses no proprietary software or communication format and will integrate seamlessly into DNP 3.0 SCADA and smart grid systems.