EAC (Exhibitor Appointed Contractor) Registration / Work Authorization
Exhibitor Appointed Contractors (EACs) or Independent Contractors are hired by exhibiting companies. Their services can include labor to build your booth, booth supervisors, booth designers, independent display companies, delivery personnel, technicians, etc. An EAC will only be granted access to the show floor if show management has received the EAC Work Authorization Form and a valid Certificate of Insurance. There will be no exceptions.
EACs are required to follow strict guidelines regarding union jurisdictions. They may hire their own local union personnel to build the booth. All exclusive services must still be completed by the designated official contractor. For insurance and safety reasons, the official contractors designated in this manual must be used for the following services (no exceptions will be made):
EAC Registration / Work Authorization Form
- Material Handling / Drayage
- Exhibiting companies MUST notify show management of any EACs who will be working on or supervising their booth no later than March 3, 2018 by completing and returning the applicable form for each of their exhibitor appointed contractors to Show Management.
EAC Authorization form will be available November 1, 2017
Guidelines and Regulations
- No EAC will be allowed on the floor unless EAC Work Authorization Form and a valid Certificate of Insurance had been received.
- If you are using an Official Contractor, you do not have to complete the EAC Work Authorization Form.
EAC Access to the Show Floor
- EACs are not allowed on the show floor during show hours. If an EAC needs access during show hours they must also register as exhibit booth personnel.
- All EACs must comply with all show rules and regulations and accept appropriate liability for any negligent actions.
- EACs shall be prepared to show evidence to show management and official contractors that it possesses applicable and current contracts.
- Exhibitor agrees that they are ultimately responsible for all services in connection with their exhibit, including freight, material handling, rentals and labor.
- The show aisles and public spaces are not part of the exhibitor’s booth. Therefore, the EAC is required to confine all activities to the exhibit space of the exhibitor who has given the valid order for services.
- Solicitation on the exhibit floor is prohibited. Any EAC engaged in solicitation on the exhibit floor including the distribution of official company literature will be removed from the exhibit floor, unless pre-approved in writing by show management.
- All lifts and manpower must be provided by the official service contractor.
- The use of all motorized lifting equipment by exhibitors or EACs for installation of booth structures or signs is not permitted.
- All property of the EAC is understood to remain under its custody and control in transit to and from the confines of the exhibit hall and during the show.
- Please be advised that exhibitors are responsible for Show Management’s receipt of a properly completed Independent Contractor / (EAC) Certificate of Insurance prior to the show. Exhibitor will be responsible for any losses, damages or injuries that are caused by or attributed to exhibitor’s appointed contractor that are not covered or provided by the contractor’s insurance.
- NOTE: Show Management will not be able to intervene on an exhibitor’s behalf in the event of inadequate performance from a non-official contractor selection.
Certificate of Insurance
- Wristbands give EACs access to the show floor 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. during move-in and move-out only. Click here for the detailed access schedule.
- Wristbands will only be given to EACs if Show Management has received the following forms:
- EAC Work Authorization Form, received from exhibiting company
- Valid Certificate of Insurance, received from EAC • Wristbands will be distributed at the security desk near the D entrance.
- Wristbands are not available in advance.
- They must be worn at all times during move-in and move-out and be clearly visible to security personnel.
to view a sample insurance form.)
The Certificate of Insurance is a General Liability Insurance Certificate naming the IEEE PES, Show Management, Freeman and the City and County of Denver, SMG, and its Officers, Agents, and Employees as additional insured.
The EAC shall, at its sole cost and expense, procure and maintain through the term of the 2018 IEEE PES T&D Show (including move-in and move-out), comprehensive general liability insurance against claims for bodily injury or death and property damage occurring in or upon or resulting from the premises leased by IEEE PES. Such insurance shall include contractual liability and product liability coverage, with the following limits:
|General Liability Minimum Coverage Limits
||Worker Compensation Insurance
Products – COMP/OP AGG
Personal and Adv Injury
Fire Damage (Any one fire)
Med. Exp. (Any one person)
|EL – Each Limit
EL – Disease-Policy Limit
El – Disease-EA Employee
Workers Compensation and Occupational Disease insurance shall be in full compliance with all federal and state laws, covering all EAC’s employees engaged in the performance of any work for the exhibitor.
- IEEE PES, Show Management, Freeman and the City and County of Denver, SMG, and its Officers, Agents, and Employees must be named as Additional Insured under the General Liability Policy for all aspects of the IEEE PES T&D show April 12-21, 2018.
Submit Certificates to Show Management at Shawn@cemllc.com