PSS®ODMS is a transmission network modeling and analysis tool that is designed to bridge the gap between multiple utility domains – including operations and planning. It provides power system planners, operations planners, system operators and IT managers with a variety of capabilities, including:
• Centralized data management and exchange across multiple domains (e.g. grid operations, network planning, etc.) – based on open CIM standards
• Automated case creation for network operations planning studies
• ENTSO-E CGMES compliance and PSS®E <-> CIM / CGMES data conversion (for European TSOs)
• Real-time situational awareness (including state estimation and integration with SCADA and measurement data)
• Offline study functions based on operation model, data, and scenarios
Typically, a single customer would not encounter all of these use cases simultaneously. That is why PSS®ODMS can be priced and deployed in different configurations – so you can get only the functionality that matches your use cases.